How can we help?
We work alongside the Integrated Discharge Hub, Adult Social Care and Stoke-on-Trent City Council's emergency duty team to support vulnerable residents in the hospital and in the community to live independently at home.
Returning people safely home from hospital
We can help when someone’s changing needs prevent them from being discharged from hospital. Our expert team ensure people return safely home with:
- equipment deliveries
- short-term food parcels
- heating issues, we’ll work to find a solution or offer a winter warm pack
- quotes for home clean-ups
- low-level tidying to remove trip hazards
Supporting people to stay independent
We can help people live independently in the community with:
- a home, health and wellbeing check
- food and medication deliveries
- the preparation of hot and cold food or drinks
- heating issues, we’ll work to find a solution or provide a winter-warm pack
- a low-level tidy to remove trip hazards
- equipment or aid deliveries
- medication reminders
- help opening and responding to letters to manage their home or tenancy
- planned appointment support
Who is this service for?
Vulnerable adults over 18, who live in Stoke-on-Trent living in the community or in an extra-care housing scheme.
A referral must be made by the Integrated Discharge Hub, Adult Social Care, or Stoke-on-Trent City Council's emergency duty team.