Who is this service for?
The welfare check is available to people who have COVID-19 or are self-isolating and are:
- Aged 55 and over,
- Aged 18+ and have a disability, or
- Aged 18+ and are an unpaid carer.
To access this service, you must live in Staffordshire Moorlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme (Loggerheads and Madeley) and Staffordshire (Blythe Bridge and Eccleshall).
What does the welfare check involve?
One of our support workers will call to find out more about your needs and situation. We’ll then create a plan to meet your needs and support you for up to 2 weeks. We can:
- Collect food or other essentials for you
- Collect and deliver your medication or prescriptions
- Help with financial issues, such as claiming benefits
- Support you to stay in touch with family and friends
- Provide emotional support by phone
How do I refer?
The service is open to all referrals including GPs, statutory and voluntary agencies, friends, family and neighbours. You can also apply yourself.
To refer someone, or to apply yourself, please call 0333 014 3389 or complete the form below.
What will happen when I refer someone/myself?
We will call to arrange a home visit which is where we’ll begin the welfare check and support assessment. Our Support Workers will be using PPE equipment and follow safety procedures to protect you and us.
Ready to refer someone or apply yourself?